INCOMPETENCE, LYING & MANAGERIAL COVER-UP!
In September 2002, I found, what I thought to be, an error in my rent account.
I looked at the figures for my rent and rent rebate and there appeared to be an error of £7.28. It was not apparent where the error was.
There is a rent office near me, and we all go there if we have queries about our rent etc.
This is a summary of what happened. The letters are included.
1. On my first visit I took my calculations and discussed them with the clerk. She said that she would look into it and come back to me.
2. She did not contact me. So, four weeks later, when I paid my rent, I checked the rent book and the error was still there. I spoke to the clerk and it was obvious that she had done nothing. She again said that she would look into it.
3. She did not contact me. So, the following week I returned. In the conversation, she said that she could not help and that I should contact the Housing Benefit Department myself.
4. I phoned the Housing Benefit office and the problem was sorted in a few hours. They told me that my local office should have dealt with the query.
5. Being told the above, I was angry and made a complaint to the office manager.
I have deleted the names of the 'conspirators' to save them embarrassment!
Updated Saturday, 28 December 2002. Despite my letter asking for the matter to be closed, I had a letter in reply. I then wrote to "The Boss" asking him to try to resolve the matter. He replied, but did not say WHY the clerk had not told me that she could not deal with the matter and had left me 'roasting' for three meetings and five weeks. His letter is here together with my email reply. Oh, dear!
REPLY TO MY COMPLAINT
MY REPLY TO HER
ME THINKS SHE PROTESTETH TOO MUCH!
AND NOW FOR THE 'KILL!
SHE WON'T LET "SLEEPING DOGS LIE"
I WRITE TO THE "BOSS"
FROM "THE BOSS"
MY REPLY EMAIL TO "THE BOSS"
BACK TO BDC INDEX